As well as travelling and sampling vanilla slices, i love to cook, so i have decided to start adding my recipes to this blog to share my joy in making food. I hope you enjoy perusing and please give those that interest you a go. I try to make them easy and everything I post has been tried and tested before going public. Bon Appetit. Aunty Frida.
- 400gms Almond meal
- 100gms Self raising flour
- 150gms Castor sugar
- 4 Eggs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 Cup of icing sugar
- Mix Almond meal, flour, sugar and lemon zest
- add eggs and mix until it all comes together into a soft sticky dough
- Roll walnut size pieces and flatten slightly
- Roll each ball in icing sugar – before placing on tray lined with baking paper. Leave a little space between them
- Bake at 180 Celsius for 16-18 minutes
- Makes about 50 little beauties.